Páginas

The Muffin Tops: Turkey Curry and Carrot Muffins

Ok, this week I've done two recipes worthy of mention. It was a kind of crazy week, between this and that time was gone! On Monday between cooking the lunch, bake some muffins and went with a friend buy art supplies, time flew away. I finally went to a "new" shop in my hometown that sell art supplies,  I wish I could bring everything with me! I've only bough an A2 sketchbook, Indian ink, a trio of little things for mixing ink and some brushes with water deposit. I kind wanted more things, but it's better save money, I don't know when I will need it. I've almost bought some little sketchbook, because my moleskine is nearly in the end, but I think that I have a couple sketchbooks started that I should finish before.
All right, about the muffins, was wasn't sure which kind of muffins I was going to do, ended up to decide some that I could find everything at home.


Carrot Muffins


Unfortunately, when I remember to take a photo of them, they were already gone :( That's why I'm going to use a photo from the original recipe which I based myself. which is from Joy of Baking, Carrot Muffin Recipe.

photo from Joy of baking

The original recipe is for 18 muffins, but I did half of the recipe, so it should be around 9 to 11 muffins (I'm saying this because I've done 11 muffins, but two of them were a little small).

Ingredients: (for 9 muffins)
25 gr of walnuts
2 to 4 grated carrots
2 small grated apples
150 gr of all purpose flour
almost 150 gr of white sugar
1/2 of teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 large eggs
50 gr of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 180ºC.
First thing to do is peel the carrots and the apples. After that grated them. I would advice to grated them into really thin and small pieces, because mine were quite big, and were not absorbed into the batter. (they were good anyway, but I think it's matter of whatever you would like to see and do. In the picture you see a very orange muffins, while mine were more brownish colour, kind of cinnamon cookie colour, where you can see pieces of carrot). Set aside both grated things.

In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder, the salt, cinnamon and the chopped walnuts).
In another bowl whisk the wet ingredients ( eggs, butter and vanilla).
Pour the wet ingredients into the first bowl, added the apples and carrots and mixed it all, until everything is incorporated in the batter.
After this you only need to divide your batter into your moulds (I have two moulds of silicone, with 6 spaces for muffins, they're are great, easy to use and clean).
Then take them to oven to about 20 to 25 minutes. After that, let them cool a bit before eat or take out of the moulds. And enjoy!


Turkey Curry

curry powder | source unknown

This curry I've done on Friday for lunch. We have Turkey breast frozen, I thought about grilled them, but after been frozen they would be a little tasteless.
I started to chop the turkey (after almost unfrozen) into small pieces. They were 3 big steaks, and they were enough for 4 portions.
After I chopped the turkey, I've put it in a large frying pan and season it with garlic, laurel and pepper (all in powder), oh and a pinch of salt. Then but a coat of white wine in the bottom of the pan, just to help cook better the meat, and also added mustard (around 2 teaspoons, of regular mustard). Then I put it in the stove, until the meat was almost cooked. After that I've added 200 ml of coconut milk, 10 gr of Madras Curry and two dry chilli (if you're not a big fan of spice, then but just one, or even none). Then it's let it all boil a little, be careful and pay attention if the curry is well mixed with the milk, because it's not pleasant feel the curry powder when you are eating.
Eat with some white rice, and you have a nice meal!

(Sorry again for no photos, the lunch time can be very crazy. Specially in the days that I have to go to Lisbon, right after lunch, I stay happy if I have time to clean the kitchen before I go).

Hope you're having a delightful sunday!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário