Páginas

Bites and Bits of My Weekend 8/9 Oct

last September week


Last weekend I totally forgot about my Bites and Bits, I spend the September last week at the beach, because the weather as been quite crazy, a lot hot, while it was supposed to start to get cold. Ironically, if the weather was like this, I would go to beach this year, so... yeah. Oh it was also good I had the chance to read to books that I've mention before in my Anatomy of a Book: Summer Books, which were Daughter of the Blood [Book 1 - Black Jewels Trilogy] of Anne Bishop and Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. I think I might right a short review of each book in the next weeks, so stay tuned. (if you're interested).

Bites and Bits 1/2 Oct


On the 1st of October I went to Alcochete, but the Tejo river was low tide, so there was no nice light reflections, the boats and birds were to far away. We even went to Samouco but I just thought things were not worthy to photograph.We were back home around 3pm, and had some glorious pizza!

solta as (tuas) amarras
solta as (tuas) amarras
 Here are some photos of my last day at the beach.

these last days of summer
these last days of summer
On Monday I signed up for another Illustration Workshop at Ar.Co. . I will start the two next week and I'm really looking forward for it.

5th Oct


Wednesday was holiday here in Portugal, it was 5th of October, and it is the celebration of the Implementation of the Portuguese Republic. I took a chance to relax a little and go seafront for a coffee and took some photos to seagulls.

undertone rhythm
undertone rhythm
enchanted by you
enchanted by you

6th Oct


Thursday I went with my friend C. to Lisbon. Were supposed to go to EXD'11 expositions. (Experimenta Design it's a Bienal of Design that exists in Portugal). In the morning we went to MUDE (Fashion and Design Museum) in the Lisbon Downtown.
We saw the 4 flours that were open at the time. We started to see a retrospective of the last 100 years of fashion and design. Where we can see some past trends, innovations and facts of all decades since 1900 to 2011.
On the second floor it was another exposition which was more fashion related, than design. It was called Death to Design! Long Live Design! - Aesthetization of the object, Imagination, Hedonism, Interplay, Sign. I liked some of the pieces, but I found it very tiring the exposition design, because the info about the pieces were displayed in some transparent large sheets, that were hanged from the ceiling. And because they were transparent it was kind of hard to read, also the were hanged high so you have to move your head from top to bottom. Also the objects were displayed in some "islands", but you cannot see the informations/descriptions about them in any place, you kind of have to search for it. It was easy to navigate. I even saw some people that have just passed by the things without even understand them.  The idea of this exposition is discuss the way that different designers critically interpreted reality and reflecting on the concept of design, useless(ness) of an object, the value that we attribute to it, its consumption and time of life. "We debate the very notion of object - value, symbol, representation, language and aesthetization."
On the next floor it was a small retrospective of a portuguese designer work and her process of working and deconstruction of objects. Unfortunately I didn't wrote her name.
In the last floor was the exposition we came to see. Useless. And it was divided into two parts. 1st one was Useless: An Exploded View. Were it was a huge succession of tables with different objects under the themes: Useless by design, Useless is up to the user, Useless happens, Useless side effects, Useless is contagious, Too much of useful thing is useless, Useful is overrated. The second part was Useless? The Wandering pain. I cannot say it was the best exposition I've ever been. It was ok, it was more of conceptual exposition, that if you didn't have the guides/flyers wouldn't get a thing.
(I don't have even a photo of this, because they didn't aloud to take photos, unfortunately.)
After all of this conceptual things, we were tired and also hungry, so we headed to Armazéns do Chiado and have lunch. As we were around the shopping area we thought take a look. We went to H&M, Stradivarius and Bertrand. We walked around until we decided go back to the shops and buy a couple of things, instead of going to more expositions.
I bought two books at Bertrand, Heir to the Shadows [Book 2 - Black Jewels Trilogy] by Anne Bishop, (continuation of the book I mention in the beginning of this post) and one of my favourite Portuguese writers José Luís Peixoto new poetry book called Gaveta de Papéis. The back text of this book really caught my eye. (Since is someone else words and poetry, I won't translate it).
« Gruas no cais descarregam mercadorias e eu amo-te.
Homens isolados caminham nas avenidas e eu amo-te.
Silêncios eléctricos faíscam dentro das máquinas e eu amo-te.
Destruição contra o caos, destruição contra o caos e eu amo-te.
Reflexos de corpos desfiguram-se nas montras e eu amo-te.
Envelhecem anos no esquecimento dos armazéns e eu amo-te.
Toda a cidade se destina à noite e eu amo-te. »
Also bought some half buttoned shirts and a scarf from H&M. By this time we were all tired, so went to Starbucks from a nice and cold Frappuccino. A couple friend of my friend show up and we all went to take a peek to Fashion Week space and after we went to eat some ice-cream. After all this back home. I was so tired of walking around and starting to have this huge headache because I haven't eat properly. Besides that it wasn't that bad to me, my friend got a little bit ill because of the all air conditioners and she is allergic to them.


Saturday 8th Oct


Another Saturday morning by the seaside and at a seafront. I really enjoy being at seafront, drinking some coffee and reading the newspapers and magazines. It's very relaxing.
We had lunch at Chinese restaurant and then stayed a little bit more in at seafront until middle afternoon.
For dinner I've made some Cheese and Ham Pancakes, and also Apple, Cinnamon and Sugar Pancake. They were really yummy (I was so hungry that forgot to take them some photos, sorry).
Some photos took in the morning
Oh my friend don't get caught in yesterday
Oh my friend don't get caught in yesterday
there always must be an end
there always must be an end
Hope you had a nice weekend!

Sunday Afternoon Beat



Eumir Deodato "Also Sprach Zarathustra"
From his 1972 album "Prelude"
"Also Sprach Zarathustra" (Originally composed by Richard Strauss, arranged and adapted by Eumir Deodato)

Eumir Deodato (full name Eumir Deodato de Almeida, 22 June 1943, Rio de Janeiro) is a Brazilian keyboardist, record producer and arranger, primarily based in the jazz realm but who historically has been known for eclectic melding of big band and combo jazz with varied elements of rock/pop, R&B/funk, Brazilian/Latin, and symphonic or orchestral music.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for All and None (German: Also sprach Zarathustra: Ein Buch für Alle und Keinen) is a philosophical novel by German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, composed in four parts between 1883 and 1885. Much of the work deals with ideas such as the "eternal recurrence of the same", the parable on the "death of God", and the "prophecy" of the Overman, which were first introduced in The Gay Science.
Described by Nietzsche himself as "the deepest ever written," the book is a dense and esoteric treatise on philosophy and morality, featuring as protagonist a fictionalized Zarathustra. A central irony of the text is that Nietzsche mimics the style of the Bible in order to present ideas which fundamentally oppose Christian and Jewish morality and tradition.


[Disclaimer: All photos in this post were took by me.]

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário