Páginas

Anatomy of a Book: Game of Thrones

A Song of Ice and Fire is an epic fantasy series, the first book it's called Game of Thrones.
In Portugal the book Game of Thrones is divided into two books ( A Guerra dos Tronos - 400 pages e A Muralha de Gelo - 416 pages). I've finished the second part of it two weeks ago.

Portuguese Book Covers, Editor Saída de Emergência

For someone who likes epic series and fantasy, as well, these books are great. George R.R. Martin creates a new world fill with kings, courts, intrigue, romance, fights, big families, big clans, dragons and a lot more.
I don't know other authors books, but I like the way we narrate the events. Each chapter is the view of one of the characters. This actually helps people to bond with them and feel way more connected to the whole narrative.
This kind of writing only have a if, because sometimes you want to know what happens next to this or that character and it's only mentioned again almost in the end of the book. It happened me a couple of times, but I think I've managed it very well to deal with it. I don't know if it will happen in the next books.
It's hard to think about a favourite character, my favourite house is Stark (I like the integrity of Eddark Stark, the courage and daring Arya, the hope of Bran and the bastard Jon Snow). I also like Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons, oh and I can't forget the funny, arrogant and sarcastic Tyrion Lannister, the dwarf. Oh I also like Petyr Baelish, although  he cannot even be considered one of the good guys.
The story is at the very beginning, and a lot of things will change. I consider these books like a prologue of what really can happen, I mean everything and anything can happen. And I'm hoping to have more stories about certain characters that remain quite mysterious or almost "unknown" along the book.

I feel like if talk more about the story itself I will give away the whole story so, I will leave it this way.
I might as well write a post about the HBO TV Serie inspired in these books, as long I've finished to watch them.

George R.R. Martin
Saída de Emergência

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário