Páginas

The Muffin Tops: Berries Muffins and Apple Muffins

The ones that know me, knows that I have a thing for muffins, sweet muffins, salt muffins. It all started about two years ago, when a friend of mine started to do cupcakes, and she bake me some for my birthday. I loved them, here at home, everybody like them, but they were too sweet and a little bit greasy too. So I've made a try, with less fat and less sugar and it all went well. Then because my father is diabetic, I've tried some bacon muffins. Then when I was in Germany I've made chocolate muffins, apple muffins, salmon muffins, bacon muffins, mushrooms and pineapple muffins. And yesterday I've decided to do some more again, this time with Berries and some Apple (Reineta).

To make these Muffins I adapted this recipe Buttermilk Berry Muffins by JoyofBaking.com

The original recipe is for 12 Muffins, and I divide the recipe in half so I could make one with Berries and other with Apple. Without having a overload of muffins.

Apple Muffins

160 gr of flour
75 gr of sugar
1 teaspoon of Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 egg
120 ml of buttermilk (I didn't have, so I made something similar)
(less than) 60 ml of oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 medium apples sliced in pieces

100 gr of walnuts (Keep in mind that this measures were a little approximate, since I've divided the recipe, and I've used the metric system.)
I didn't have buttermilk, so made like you can find in the original recipe, which is have 240ml of milk and mix a tablespoon of cider vinegar, and let it rest for some 5 minutes.
I've mix the dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon) and then added the apples and the walnuts and mixed it all with a spoon.
In another bowl I've mixed the wet ingredients (egg, oil, buttermilk and vanilla).
After that I've mixed the wet ingredients with the dry, and mixed till everything is incorporated in the batter.
Then split it to the cups. It goes 20 to 25 minutes into the oven at 190ºC.

And Voilá!

Apple and Walnuts, with a hint of Cinnamon, Muffins

Berries Muffins


160 gr of flour
75 gr of sugar
1 teaspoon of Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 egg
120 ml of buttermilk (used the other half of the one I've done previously)
(less than) 60 ml of oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
(around) 220 ml of Berries (Raspberries, Blueberries and Blackberries)
(Keep in mind that this measures were a little approximate, since I've divided the recipe, and I've used the metric system.)
 
I've mix the dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda) and then added the berries and mixed it all with a spoon.
In another bowl I've mixed the wet ingredients (egg, oil, buttermilk and vanilla).
After that I've mixed the wet ingredients with the dry, and mixed till everything is incorporated in the batter.
Then split it to the cups. It goes 20 to 25 minutes into the oven at 190ºC.

And Voilá!

Raspberry, Blueberry and Blackberry Muffins

With the rest of the berries (I had 3 packages of fresh berries, 125ml each) I've made a berries syrup, that I use for ice creams, pancakes and crepes. It's very easy to make, put the fruits in a small pan, put some sugar (some 3 to 8 tablespoons, because it depends of the quantity and your taste, if you prefer more or less sweet) then let it boil till the fruits are cooked and soft. After that, you put some gelatin leaves (flavour and odourless) I've put 3, but should put just 2. (it depends a lot of quantity, and also I've rather have it liquid or more solid). Mine came out solid, and it looks like jelly. Then you put it in the fridge. And between 30min to 1 hour and it's ready to eat. I've divided mine into three parts, and frozen two of them. I thinks this syrup/jelly will go well with yoghurt too.

And this is how I've served and eat it

Berries Muffin with Berries Syrup, a vanilla ice cream scoop

The Muffin Tops will be the name for the articles related to Kitchen, Recipes, Cooking.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário