Páginas

New Books for February

So yeah 15 books for 2015 was a fail. We are only in February and I went on a buying spree of books. I blame the bargains on books/authors that I really like.

I recently got really hooked by The Strain comic books. As you might seen a recent post I've made. So I've order the hole triology. The first two books will be second hand (under 4€ each) and the third is new.

The Strain Trilogy by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan

# The Strain
# The Fall
# The Night Eternal


By curiosity I look for Marion Zimmer Bradley books too, when I was looking for the second hand books. She is one of my favourite authors. Last year I finally purchase my own copies of The Mists of Avalon (yes, here in Portugal it's divided in 4 parts - for some weird reason they like to split big books in various parts... in case you don't know they did it also with the Game of Thrones books too)
I ordered the Lady of Avalon, Priestess of Avalon and Ancestors of Avalon (each book was under 4€). Right now I'm missing just the 7th book.

Avalon Series by Marion Zimmer Bradley and Diana L. Paxson

#1 The Mists of Avalon - by Marion Zimmer Bradley (already have)

#2 The Forest House - by Marion Zimmer Bradley (already have)

#3 Lady of Avalon  - by Marion Zimmer Bradley

#4 Priestess of Avalon - by Marion Zimmer Bradley

#5 Ancestors of Avalon - by Diana L. Paxson

#6 Ravens of Avalon - by Diana L. Paxson (already have)

#7 Sword of Avalon by Diana L. Paxson

And I thought I wasn't going to suck in to buying more books. And again I've failed (only one day after the 1st fail). Fortunately I'm not sorry at all.
Again these are all 2nd hand books. (and where big bargains).

I'm sucker for Sherrylin Kenyon books, and this year I want to read different series written by her, instead the one that I usually read which is the Dark Hunter series.


I was intrigued with the BAD Agency series, for what I can tell has no paranormal activity, which very different from what I usually read from her. I love some detective, thriller action so I was on it.
I've ordered the four books of these series.

#1 Bad Attitude by Sherrilyn Kenyon
# 2 Phantom in the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love
#3  Whispered Lies by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love
#4 Silent Truth by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love



I'm big fan of Alex Cross character created by James Patterson. And I was on the hunt of books by him. I found this series called Women's Murder Club (which I actually think was going to be a TV show... I'll be searching for it after I listed the books I bought... And I was right there was a TV show inspired by these books. Between 2007/2008, with only one season, and not that bad actors.Angie Harmon which is main know for the TV show also adapted from books Rizzoli and Isles, Laura Harris, Paula Newsome and Aubrey Dollar).

I come upon a bundle of the first 8 books! in second hand for 1/3 of the price if I bought in full price (even in second hand).

1st to Die by James Patterson
2nd Chance by James Patterson and Andrew Gross
3rd Degree by James Patterson and Andrew Gross
4th of July by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
The 5th Horseman by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
The 6th Target by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
7th Heaven by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
The 8th Confession by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

the grand total of 18 Books! Oh boy!! But if I divide the total between all the books (including shipping costs) each book cost me around 2,97€, so... no regrets!!

Now I just want them to arrive!

EDIT:
So did everyone thought I was done? Yeah me too.
But still I was tempted for a few more books that have been in my wishlist for many years now.


The Killing trilogy by David Hewson. Since the american version of the TV Show The Killing came out that I've been drooling for these books. This time I've ordered the first and the second, but I'm still thinking if I should also get the third... Yeah I've also ordered the third.

I've always liked type/typography but I don't have many books about it. So I'm starting with this one. I've also been on the hunt for this Paul Arden's book. I've seen been recommend by many fellow designers. Looking forward to read it!

The BIG total is of 23 Books! (15 books for 2015 yeah right... 2 months and 38 books... jeez someone is addicted to buying books). [But if I divide the total between all the books (including shipping costs) each book cost me around 3,57€, so... no regrets!!]

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário