Páginas

Anya's Ghost - Graphic Novel Review





Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved it! (And I thought I wasn't going to like it.)
I was surprised by the amazing artwork and the monochromatic tones used during the whole graphic novel.



With that said I didn't think it was a very dark graphic novel. At least not to me.
To me this ended up to be a story about self discovery and self acceptance. Acceptance by Anya of herself and her roots, and also her own acceptance as a singular and peculiar individual. I specially like one of the last words of the book


 "You may look normal like everyone else, but you're not. Not on the inside". 

The ghost part is fun and entertaining, and also how she spends time trying to discover more things about the ghost. But to me, the most important part how Anya's grow up by realising one or two life lessons during the story.

Totally recommend to anyone, either if you're starting reading comics or if already read a ton.

View all my reviews

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário