Páginas

Read in October 2015



1) Red Dragon by Thomas Harris (Hannibal Lecter)
This is a Horror/Thriller fictional book that dabbles a lot in human behaviour and psychology. It's also the first book that appear's the character of Hannibal Lecter.  Hannibal Lecter film adaptions are some of my favourite films of all time, and the story in this book I got even better. The story line is pretty much the same, however you go in more deep in knowing the characters specially Francis Dolarhyde (aka THE Red Dragon). It's hard for me not give a in depth review without spoiling the book/film. I adore it! But it's not for everyone.

2) Misery by Stephen King
I shouldn't have read this book in portuguese. I think that the something was lost in the translation. I really enjoyed the story. From the books I've read from this author, the best ones are usually about writers. And this one wasn't an exception. Now I should re-watch the film!

3) Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodríguez (Artist)
4) Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows by Joe Hill
5) Locke & Key, Vol.4: Keys to the Kingdom by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodríguez (Artist)
6) Locke & Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodríguez (Artist)
This is an amazing comics serious. Writing by the son of Stephen King, eerie and creepy, it's the perfect reading for Halloween season (or any other time of the year if you like the genre). At the beginning I wasn't a big fan of the art, but the story compel me to continue and I ended up to get use to the artwork. I really like the concept behind the keys and what they do. And also the fact that you only understand what's going on as long you go by.

7) 3rd Degree by James Patterson (Women's Murder Club)
3rd book of a (kind of) long series. I have mixed feelings about this one. I liked the plot, and how the murder/mysteries happen. These books have a very specific action development, but what set me off was the fact one of the woman from the Women's Murder Club being killed. Specially because it was such strong character, with more development to be made and it was wiped. It also annoyed me because in the first book the love interest of the main character dies in the end, and now in the third one of her best friends dies. What's up next? Who will die next? (I'll for sure will be reading the books to know... they are at least 15 so I have a lot to read in the next years ;) )

8) The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris (Hannibal Lecter)
Second book about Hannibal Lecter. In this one you actually have more contact with the character of Lecter. I didn't enjoy it has much as the previous one, but I think the problem with it was that I read it too fast. In this book we are introduced to Clarice Starling, a FBI agent in training, which is an amazing and intricate character. I really like to know more about Jack Crawford (FBI agent that is present in all Hannibal books).

9) Lord of the Rings - Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
Do I need to say more about Lord of the Rings? I love the books, I love the film adaptation. It's one of the stories that more I read more I love it.

10) Contos Góticos by Mary Shelley

11) The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan and Phil
Such fun book! I've read it in one sitting. I've been a fan of these two for awhile now, and they are so awkward and hilarious at the same time. It was really fun to read some stories of their past what make them to be what they are today. (Dan and Phil are youtubers know as danisnotonfire and amazingphil)


Still reading
1) Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
2)The Killing by David Hewson
3) The Redbreast - Jo Nesbo
The bottom ones are both amysteries and about police investigations. One happens in Denmark and the other in Norway. One as 708 pages and the other 636. I'm more than half way with the longest one and half way of the other one.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário